Hello all! Today was taco night, and it wasn’t the usual taco-in-a-tortilla dinner.
This recipe was posted by the Wholly Guacamole brand on their website recently.
Here’s the recipe and instructions!
Heat oil and crushed red pepper in a skillet. After 2 minutes, add ground beef and taco seasoning.
After beef is brown, add the drained black beans and corn. Mix into the beef and warm for 1-2 minutes.
These are the wonton wrappers I used. They seemed to be a little small for the muffin tins I used, but they still came out good.
Now, push a single wonton wrapper (or two for a stronger cup) into your greased muffin tins. I had two muffin trays like the one below and still had some filling leftover.
It’s time to start layering! First, spread a spoonful of queso onto the bottom of each wrapper. Then, put a spoonful of the meat mix over the queso. Add a spoon of salsa to each cup.
Then, repeat! Push another wonton wrapper over each cup and do the layer again: queso, meat, salsa. This time, sprinkle cheese to finish the layering.
Bake for about 20 minutes. Let the trays sit for about five minutes before attempting to remove the taco cups.
Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (a healthier option than sour cream).
Here’s the full recipe:
Taco Cups Recipe (print version)
- 1 ½ tsp chili oil*
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup corn
- 24 wonton wrappers (or more)
- 6 tbsp queso dip
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Grease 12 cups in muffin tins
- Heat chili oil in a skillet. If you do not have chili oil, simply use oil and crushed red pepper. Heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and while it browns, add taco seasoning.
- Add the black beans and corn. Let cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Push wonton wrappers into each of the muffin cups.
- Spread queso dip with a spoon into each cup.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each cup.
- Follow with spooning salsa in each cup. That completes the first layer.
- Push another wonton wrapper in each of the cups. Repeat the layer (queso, meat, salsa). Top each these with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit in the trays for five minutes before removing.
- Top with guacamole or plain yogurt.
Recipe adapted from Wholly Guacamole